Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Listening radio on the internet

One can listen to the radio using a computer, if one has an internet connection, and a player, that supports streams. As almost all nowadays players (winamp, rhythmbox, amarok, iTunes, foobar2000, xmplay are just some of them) support streams, the harder task seems to find a radio station that suits one's taste. Here I list the ones that I like; that's just my taste, and there's no need to be liked by anyone else. Also, if the radio stations listed here are not at one's taste, one may want to visit the website mike's radio world and choose a radio station from a great list of radio stations there. Also, at the address of Shoutcast.com is a list of over 800 radio stations for listening on the internet.

* Not wanting to have my opinion as obsolete, the soft smooth jazz section of Last.fm is great. Here are also some other radio stations that I like:

* Frequencejazz is a french radio, that plays nice jazz things that I like. For to listen to it, just drag and drop the following link into your player: Link to frequencejazz
* I come from Bulgaria, and I like a radio station there, the Retro radio. It plays music I like. For to listen to it, drag and drop the following link into your media player: Link to retro radio (one has to be patient, since the link doesn't work sometimes; but to me the music there is worth the patience)
* There's also a german radio station that I listen to from time to time; the so called 106.8 Rock'n Pop. It's a good one. To listen to it, drag and drop the following link into your media player: Link to 106.8 Rock'n pop

No comments:

Categories

code (15) fun (2) linux (31) miscellaneous (9) music (8)

About me

I'm Adrian and this is my blog. Here I usually write about technical stuff (mostly about Linux).
Copyright: BY-NC_SA, Author: aeter