Saturday, November 24, 2007

Kubuntu - the wireless is working!

This week I finally had a chance to try the wireless at my (...Amilo Pro v3505), which is setup with Kubuntu, in the wireless network of TU-Sofia. It worked like a charm through the knetworkmanager.
The steps: I just needed to load "sudo modprobe fsam7400" (the kernel module for the Intel's 3945 driver) and to binary switch "echo 1 > /proc/driver/wireless/radio".
I guess this is cause I used the kde-frontend of networkmanager, which now I believe is a very nice piece of code :). No more woes with wireless (hopefully), just another feature, working under linux.

No comments:

Categories

code (15) fun (2) linux (31) miscellaneous (9) music (8)

About me

I'm Adrian and this is my blog. Here I usually write about technical stuff (mostly about Linux).
Copyright: BY-NC_SA, Author: aeter